GRANDE MEADOWS GOLF COURSE IS LOOKING FOR ONE (1) GOLF CAPTAIN
IF INTERESTED PLEASE CALL KIM AT 709-826-2601 OR EMAIL GRANDEMEADOWS@NF.AIBN.COM
DEADLINE JUNE 9TH AT 6 PM
A mandate of the Board of Directors is to create the best possible playing conditions at Grande Meadows Golf Course and to continually enhance the golfing experience for all golfers. To help achieve this goal the Board of Directors recommends creating the position of Golf Captain. The role of the Golf Captain is to advise the Board of Directors and the General Manager on matters related to the running of the golf program.
Areas of responsibility:
· Monitoring playing conditions on the course.
· The rules of golf and golfing etiquette.
· Handicap system.
· Member discipline.
- At least three (3) times per week the Golf Captain will traverse the course with the General Manager, noting the condition of the course and preparing recommendations for the Board of Directors.
- Act as liaison between golfers and the Board of Directors and/or the General Manager on matters related to playing golf.
- Attend meetings of the Tournament Committee and assist with the organization of tournaments.
- Monitor the handicap recording system and deal with irregularities in accordance with policies set by the Board of Directors.
- Attend meetings of the Operations Committee at the request of the Chairperson of the committee and advise the committee on course conditions which impact on the game.
- Attend meetings of the Board of Directors at the request of the Board Chairperson.
- The Golf Captain shall be elected by the members at each annual meeting of the association.
In the event that the position is not filled at that meeting one will be appointed by the board.