Grande Meadows Golf Course Association Inc operates a 9-hole public golf course situated in Frenchman’s Cove, NL on the Burin Peninsula. It is a not-for-profit entity overseen by a volunteer Board of Directors elected annually by its membership. In addition to the golf course, there is a Pro Shop, Bar and Mulligans Restaurant on site that often caters to social events.
We are hiring a General Manager for the 2023 season to manage and oversee all of the operations of Grande Meadows including but not limited to:
- Direct and manage all aspects of the golf course and Clubhouse operation.
- Supervise and schedule a staffing complement of approximately 8-12 persons.
- Responsible for financial management including input into budget preparation and ensure adherence to annual budget.
- Responsible for inventory control, including ordering merchandise and supplies.
- Participate in marketing and public relations activities.
- Seek out government funding sources and complete required applications.
- Attend Board of Directors meetings, communicating status of all operations, identifying concerns and suggesting potential solutions for same.
The General Manager should possess strong leadership, problem-solving, interpersonal and organizational skills. The ability to work independently as well as engage in self-directed learning opportunities is essential.
Experience and /or education in the areas of business administration, accounting, human resource management and/or golf course management would be considered an asset.
Deadline for applications is April 23, 2023.