April 17, 2020
Our third weekly update sees our course coming along very well with the greens in need of mowing in a very short time. Since golf courses were deemed non-essential last week Grande Meadows is waiting to hear if we are allowed to have somebody in to mow the greens. Golf NL still has no word back from the provincial government on whether we are allowed to carry out such maintenance. Several Grande Meadows Board members along with general manager Bill Lee participated in a Zoom meeting Wednesday morning with Golf NL along with representatives from the majority of golf courses on the island and in Labrador. Bill impressed upon Golf NL that we need to know asap as our course is in need of having the greens mowed in the next few days. Greg Hillier of Golf NL said he would do what he could do to have an answer by Friday.
Once we know what is happening with regards to our maintenance we will let you know by posting to our website.
The following three links will give you an idea of how things are progressing in other parts of the country during the Covid-19 crisis with regards to golf courses.
The original plan was to have Grande Meadows open for the season on May 14 for members and on the long weekend for non-members. With that in mind we are proceeding as if we will open at that time and will go ahead in the next few days to send out invoices for the 2020 season. As well the Board is looking into setting up e-transfers with our bank to allow members to pay fees using that method of payment.
As always there is lots of work going on behind the scenes to get things ready to go ahead with the course opening as soon as we get the go ahead. The Board and management are following up on different funding initiatives that have been put in place by the federal government to help not-for-profit group such as Grande Meadows to get though the difficult times we are experiencing at the moment. A couple of possible things we may qualify for include the 75% wage subsidies as well as a $40,000 interest free loan of which $10,000 of that would be forgivable if we meet certain conditions. If it's to our advantage we will avail of them for sure.
Please stay safe and we look forward to seeing you out enjoying our lovely golf course in the not too distant future.
See Past Updates
|April 10, 2020||April 3, 2020|